.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Here Comes the Bride

About a week ago, I put together a bridal shower for my younger sister, Candace. She is getting married on August 28th so as her older sister and Matron of Honor, I tried to make this day as special for her as possible. And party planning is my forte. I love every aspect of it. Check it out:

Candace's color scheme includes browns, yellows and greens so I used that as my inspiration.

The invitations to the shower:

I found yellow paper lanterns and went from there:



Then I found these boxes at Ikea for about 5 bucks each and planted grass seed. That failed miserably so Joseph bought me sod and that worked. Hooray!



I also got these glass bowls from Ikea for about three bucks each and bought out Walmart's lemons and limes in one day. I wonder what the Cashier thought about that.


Table Setting:





These are little cards where placed in a cut tree branch. My wonderful husband cut some tree branches down for me and cut them in 1 inch increments and then cut a slit in them. Wah-lah:



Here is a view of the whole set up:



The beautiful bride, Mother of the Bride and Maid of Honors Aka The Plantz Girls:



It was a great turn out and Candace was showered with many gifts, lots of love, and many prayers.

BIG NEWS!

Well, after much encouragement from close family and friends, I am excited to announce that I am starting my own business. Ah! Exciting. More information to come on this as time unravels.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful party Danielle! I am excited to hear about your secret business plan :)

    ReplyDelete